Domestic Violence Abuse

Domestic violence and abuse are very traumatic and often people are afraid or do not know where to seek help. Please know that you can get support, advice and help. Here are emergency contacts and key support services that are available to you or someone you know, experiencing domestic violence and abuse, which could be:

  • Physical Abuse
  • Verbal Abuse
  • Mental Abuse
  • Emotional Abuse
  • Sexual Abuse and Rape
  • Financial / Economic Abuse
  • Threats and Intimidation 
  • Coercive Control / "Gaslighting" / Extreme Manipulation and Control
  • Honour-based Abuse

You can also confidentially talk to your GP, our friendly Receptionists or Social Worker / Link Worker for advice and support, here at Fairview Medical Centre: 

Emergency Services

Please ONLY CALL EMERGENCY SERVICES when you or someone you know is in IMMEDIATE DANGER.

 All other occasions, please contact the support services listed below, under the NHS and Government Support or National and Local Support Services.

  • Police: Call 999 from any phone or mobile. 55 from mobiles only,  when in immediate danger  
    • 55 "Make Yourself Heard" enables you to contact the police silently in an emergency when you are unable to speak with the operator, for further details please click here
  • Ambulance: Call 999 for urgent medical attention from the Ambulance Service who will triage and take you to an NHS Hospital Emergency Department 
  • Fire Brigade: Call 999 for the fire services when you, your home, car or someone you know is on fire 

You can report NONE urgent situations on the following:

  • Police:  Call 101 to report none urgent crimes or report online here

NHS and Government Support

  • NHS Domestic Violence and Abuse: free advice, support and resources for people experiencing domestic violence and abuse:
    • Website: please click here
  • NHS Domestic Abuse in Pregnancy: free advice and support for pregnant women experiencing domestic violence and abuse, please speak to your GP, Midwife, Obstetrician,  Health Visitor or Social Worker.
    • Website: please click here
    • Please also look below for Women's Aid and Support Groups
  • Government Support for Victims of Domestic Abuse: the government website provides  comprehensive support and links to services to help people experiencing domestic violence and abuse:
    • Website: please click here 
  • Croydon Council Domestic Violence and Abuse: support, advice and resources available to people living in Croydon who are experiencing domestic violence and abuse:

National and Local Support

  • National Domestic Abuse Helpline - Refuge: free, confidential domestic violence and abuse support, available 24 hrs 
    • Call: 0808 2000 247
    • Website: please click here
  • Victim Support: free advice and support for people who have experienced crime, including domestic violence:
  • Womens Aid: free online support and advice service for women and children experiencing domestic violence and abuse, including practical considerations e.g. welfare, children, disabilities, pets, immigrations:
    • Call Bromley and Croydon Women's Aid: 020 8313 9303
    • Email (national):
    • Email (local): Bromley and Croydon Women's Aid on
    • Local Services Directory: please click here  (Filter by Region: London and Filter by local authority: Croydon)
    • Website: please click here
  • ManKind: support and advice helpline for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse:
  • Rape Crisis: confidential advice and support for female and male who have been sexually abused:
    • Call: 0808 802 9999
    • Website (national): please click here
    • Website (local): Rape Crisis South London click here
  • Hestia : based in London, free support and advice for domestic violence and abuse, including children:
  • The Cassandra Centre: based in Norbury, free support and advice for domestic violence and abuse, including youth and young adults: